Tuesday, January 30, 2007

BOOK ON MICRONESIA

I finally finished my book on Micronesia, or to be specific, the island of Pohnpei. It was written in the Pohnpeian language by a German missionary who did all the research. It was then translated by Pohnpeian students into English for their class assignments. It was my job to rewrite it, edit it and turn it into something that people who speak English can understand. Since it includes many Micronesian customs and cultural beliefs, that has not been an easy task! I thought I had finished it a year ago, but now after 5 more complete proofs and editing, I do believe it is ready. It has now gone for layout and graphics. We hope it will be published by the middle of May, to take with us when we go to the World Evangelical Congregational Fellowship conference in England.
Huge sigh of relief!



Pohnpei, Micronesia


Island View


ABJ with Nahnmwarki (King)and his wife, of Kitti, Pohnpei.


Children of Micronesia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Chris. Must be a great relief and sense of pride. Sure hope it is ready to go to England. Thanks for the photos too -