Tuesday, May 15, 2007

FORTNIGHT LILIES

Fortnight Lilies, so called because they bloom every
two weeks until November -- especially if you
remember to water them!


These are surrounded by Jasmine, which is highly
perfumed especially in the evenings.

They are prolific around our house, not only because
they re-seed themselves but also because a few years
ago, I gathered handsful of seed and scattered them
in all the bare spots, because I like them so much.
They are like bright white butterflies.


To see a close-up of a bloom go to my photo ATC
blog. Address in side-bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy you your flowers and plants - especially those that seem to grow so easily! Beautiful!

Daisy Lupin said...

Hi, thank you for popping over to my blog and commenting. I think Janet has some relations from Flamborough Head. I think it is near to Scarborough, where we went every year for holidays when I was a child. I love the photos of your garden, I love seeing gardens in different parts of the world, also so different from English gardens.

Daisy Lupin said...

Hi, I have a large collection of illustrations I used on my blog. the unknowns are usually old out of copyright works, I credit all modern painters and if I put any of my own work up I credit that as well.