Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WEDNESDAY'S WORDS ON THURSDAY

"Be still and Know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
I am one of those people who likes to be in control.  I don't like to call myself a control freak, but I have to admit, I am.  I'm not comfortable in situations over which I have no control.  Sometimes I read the newspaper, or watch the news and wonder, like many generations before me, "Whatever is the world coming to?"  I remember my grandmother saying that. The truth is, for all my wondering, there is only One who knows , and only One who is in control.  Then I think of these words from Psalms: Be still and know that I am God.   It doesn't matter what I think I know or what I think should happen.  God is in control.  All I have to do is worry about what God wants ME to do and He will take care of the rest.  I can remain calm because He has said, "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"  In the end it is only what God allows to happen,  for His own reasons, that matters.  I don't need to know. Who am I to tell God what needs to be done? He WILL be exalted through it all.  That we cannot change, because He has said so.

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Sound Chris, these words touched me this morning and gave me great comfort.

Autumn Leaves said...

From one control freak to another, wise words this morning, Chris!

duopastorale said...

Amen! Such an encouraging post, thank you :)

Unknown said...

I too likes to be in control of things and this is a great and wonderful reminder that I am not the one to take charge.

Cherdecor said...

Being in control is a woman thing....well, men too, but we can become so neurotic about it.
This is a good post. Thank you for your thoughts. We are all on that same journey. Be blessed!
Cheryl

kaybee said...

Amen -- even through earthquakes and tornado warnings!