Saturday, July 17, 2010

HERE'S LUCY!

Of course it may be Luke! I honestly haven't looked and his tag sheet is not up on the condo door.  But she LOOKS like a female.
 She is generally at the back of her condo but will come forward when I coax her,  then she snuggles down in her comfy bed and waits to be scratched behind the ears.


I think she has the same expression as Lady Lavender or Violet as she should be known, who lives in Boise and whose portrait I drew a few weeks ago. (See below).




Lady Lavender of Boise.


Lucy
Not the same coloring but the same face and eyes.



These are Lucy's rowdy neighbors.



 
This tortie is beautiful and has green eyes.


And this is a very sweet and tiny ginger kitten who lives with the tortie and one other kitten.

I wish I didn't have to take the photos through the bars but trying to deal with three squirming kittens, not letting them out of the cage and trying to maneuver the camera at the same time is next to impossible.  Lucy is the only one in her condo and she doesn't fight to get out. Very obliging and very lady-like.

'NUFF OF KITTENS FOR NOW

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She/he is a very pretty cat, good name if it is a she, but then even if she is a he perhaps you then could called him Lucy Boy ?

Interesting you picked the name lucy when my cat name is also lucy, I didn't name her Lucy, the name was already given to her by the shelter where I had gotten her from and decided to keep it cause she responsed very well to it.

mrsnesbitt said...

Yes the portrait is so much like the first picture! Lovely lovely! Never have nuff! lol!

Autumn Leaves said...

It just makes me sad to know that these babies aren't in loving homes. I already have 3 cats and 4 dogs here (one dog hopefully will be moving with my daughter soon)...no room or energy or money for more. They are all so darling, Chris.

Morning's Minion said...

You must have great strength of mind not to bring all these darlings home for adoption.
The tortie in particular would have to become my personal pet.

snafu said...

I want the ginger one. Can you send cats by airmail? Darn those quarantine laws! He would have to be smuggled in and become an illegal immigrant and remain a fugitive for the rest of his days avoiding the red coats and hiding every time someone came to the door. Oh well I would not want to put him through all that, so I hope he finds a good home nearer to you.

Wanda said...

What a lovely Kitty Post.... Luke or Lucy ~ it's a beautiful cat.

We had a large tabby named Rusty until he had a litter of 6 kittens. Rusty became Rustina!

Love your sketch. Excellent Chris. BTW you might enjoy my new Art Challenge. Check out my art blog and see if you would like to participate. Since you draw beautiful birds, I thought of you when I posted this photo of Abraham Lincoln.

Mara said...

I love ginger cats. I've got one myself and he is just the stupidest, silliest, sweetest cat! So, please show us more kittens. They are so cute...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't adopted one yet!!!!