Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Happy Ending

From this:




...to this!

..







A month or so ago, some friends at church told me they were looking for a silver tabby kitten.  So when this one showed up at the shelter, I called them to come and take a look.  Of course they fell in love with her!  So since I have "visiting rights",  I went to see her yesterday.  She is looking wonderful!  Sleek, soft, glossy, silver fur and a ton of energy to go with it.  But she is already learning what she can do and not do (like biting or scratching furniture) and she is such an intelligent little thing. I don't know if she is the same kitten in the first picture, but she certainly has similar markings.  Her name is Junie, because she was born in June.

A LEAVE OF ABSENCE
At the end of this week I will be taking a leave of absence until after Thanksgiving.  I will miss you all.  Can't take the lap top with me, so I will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back.  Don't forget me.  I will be visiting and making comments this week and doing my last ABC Wednesday on Tuesday. Until then... Happy Blogging to you all!

8 comments:

photowannabe said...

We will miss you Chris.
Its always a joy to come here. How nice that the beautiful cat has found a loving home. I'm glad you have visitation rights.

Wanda said...

Hi Chris... Have a great time. Do a lot of artwork for us and enjoy your time away from blogging. We will miss you.

We leave Friday for Tahoe, but we can take the laptop.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

PS Love the good ending story!!!

MorningAJ said...

We'll miss you - but all the better for when you return.
Take care.
Anne

Cheryl said...

Have a great trip!

Patty said...

Have a wonderful time on your leave. And a great Thanksgiving.

snafu said...

Have good time.

Morning's Minion said...

Sometimes reading articles about pet shelters and such I feel very down-hearted. Some of my own "recuses" have been financially costly as well as upsetting.
Still it is so satisfying to find caring homes for these cats who would otherwise have such short and miserable lives. I thank you for sharing your experiences and those of the cats you help to care for adn place.
All good wishes for your journey--your posts will be missed!

claude said...

Beautiful female cat.
I will be out of the web for a while because vacation.
Have a good and nice time, Chris. I won't forget you. So, don't forget me also !!!