Thursday, October 7, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday

This is my first submission to this challenge, a 'story' in 55 words exactly.  I can post it here O.K. I'm just not sure about linking up with the leader. But I'll have a go.
( Thanks to Monsoon-Dreams for the Photograph of the old Steps)



He lumbered heavily up the old stone steps, puffing and panting like the old man he was.  Why did she ask him to come up here?  Only a few more steps to go.  Suddenly, there she was -- in her wedding dress!  In the dusk she looked as young as the day they were married. 

9 comments:

Wanda said...

Love what you did with your 55 words! I just want more... but then I guess that's the idea...leave them wanting more.

Good job!

Morning's Minion said...

But--I want the "rest of the story." I've no doubt I'm a very "wordy" person!

Brian Miller said...

awww...and so worth it to climb al of those steps...smies. nice 55!

G-Man said...

First Time eh?
What a fantastic job!
Excellent 55 My Friend.
I hope you found this to be creative, challenging, and FUN!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

snafu said...

Brilliant. Like painting a picture in words.

Claudia said...

ah - that was worth climbing all the stairs..so romantic!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I thought i was at the Church Blog and then read Wanda's "kiss ass" sentence and decided this must be the place.

I like the stone steps. I also like the challenge. And I like your submission for it – about it – and that you entered.

Bubba said...

What a nice surprise! Very nice 55 - hope you'll continue to join in the fun!

MorningAJ said...

Welcome to the world of FFF55! That's a great start. Hope you enjoyed it enough to stay with us.