Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wednesday's Word on Tuesday.

I apologize.

I have removed this post because although what was said was true, it was not all said at the same time under the signature of Ben Stein.  It was a cut and paste job that was passed on to me.  If you read it, you will know that there was nothing subversive or disrespectful about it.  But to my mind, it's not completely honest for me to publish it as though it were a complete article written by Ben Stein.  Too bad.  But I am sorry for the mistake.

1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

I agree with Mr. Stein.
Instead of getting rid of references to God, perhaps the schools, or whoever decides things on their behalf, could have taken a tip from Alcoholics Anonymous. The founders of AA wanted to be INclusive instead of EXclusive. They didn't want to scare anyone away by preaching any religion in particular or any religion at all, so they suggested "God as you understand God" in order to help as many people as possible.
I remember being quite shocked when the US decided to take God out of the schools, and I'm a Canadian. What about "In God we trust"? I wondered. i think weather change is related to climate change, but I could be wrong, and perhaps Ms Graham was right.
-- Kay, Alberta